Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 4s. Fight!
Last week, Samsung launched the Galaxy S3 in London. It’s obvious that the Korean firm’s strat is to assault the the iPhone head on. Is the Galaxy up to the challenge? Let’s see how they stack up against each other.
In terms of marketing, the Galaxy S3 has the tagline “Designed for Humans”, taking a jab at Apple (perhaps). So, does it go without saying the the iPhone is designed for monkeys? Oh well.
At any rate, let’s examine the “versus chart” and see both units mano y mano:
- Display: The Galaxy wins with a bigger screen and resolution
- Speed: Galaxy wins here with a faster proc and bigger RAM
- Connectivity: Again, the Galaxy is ready with LTE while the 4S is not
- Storage: the option for expandable storage is a welcome feature. Apple forces you to cram your media and shiznits into the built-in storage
- Voice Recog: S Voice (is their answer to Siri). It’s a tie here
- Other features: The S3 has facial recognition, which allows you to just pick up your phone and bring it to your ears to call. Apple doesn’t have this feature.
- Price:Yuga has predictions on the price, the Galaxy S3 16GB might go for Php29,990 while the 64GB could go forPhp35,990. Currently, the 4S is priced at Php33,200 (16GB) and Php43,200 (64GB) as per the Smart Store here
The winner, obviously, of this fight is the Galaxy S3.
For those who are in the market for a smart phone or an upgrade, the S3 is definitely a good buy. But, the Android OS, for me, does require a bit of tech-savvy know-how. If you an want hassle-free and intuitive OS, the iOS is still a considerable option. The added features of the S3 may not be enough of a “come on” for those who want a simple, easy-to-use phone like the iPhone 4S.
I may be a bit biased since I’m an iPhone user. But once I get my hands on the Galaxy S3, it would only be fair to do another review and see what happens from there.
Comparative data source