Good news Novus Citizens! The long wait is finally over.
Before we go to the details of Episode 2, let me help you by showing you the steps and instructions on how to install Episode 2 to your computers or cafes.
Install information after the jump…
FOR THOSE WITHOUT OMICRON 1 TEST SERVER
If you DO NOT have an Omicron 1 test server but you already have RF Online. Here are the steps:
- Download the RF Episode 2 Client via the Level Up Site or via torrent (Note: it’s an almost 2 GB download so please be patient)
- After downloading, run the installer
- Make sure you install it TO A DIFFERENT FOLDER than your main RF Episode 1 folder (DO NOT OVERWRITE)
- Go to RF Episode 2 folder and create a shortcut for RF_TestServer2.exe (if you can’t find this, rename the RF.exe to RF_TestServer2.exe). Make sure this is the folder for Episode 2 (see #3 above).
- Put shortcut in desktop
- Click on the shortcut
- Start Playing!
FOR THOSE WITH OMICRON 1 TEST SERVER
Omicron 1 test server is STILL fully functional. But this will be now only be used by the RF team for the semi-finals of the NEST tournament. If you or your team have no more use for Omicron 1, you can overwrite the Episode 2 install to this folder. However, if your PC still has space, you can make a 3rd folder – the Episode 2 Omicron folder
- Download the RF Episode 2 Client (as per above)
- Run the installer after download completes
- Install it to the Omicron 1 Test Server folder (say “yes” to overwrite if Windows asks)
- Find the RF_TestServer2.exe, make a shortcut and put in your desktop
- Click shortcut
- Tada! Done!
After all this, the uber RF player or cafe will eventually have 3 separate clients – 1) RF (commercial worlds – Nexus, Altrax, Praxis) 2) Omicron 1 and finally 3) Omicron 2 with Episode 2.
Alrighty? Everything clear…
Enjoy Episode 2. I’ll post about the features and what to expect in a while.
Strength and Honor!
Register for your FREE RF ONLINE ACCOUNT now!