Apple is good at keeping secrets. All we can do is speculate on what changes the iPad 3 will bring. But it’s only a day away and here’s the rundown so far…
What are the major changes you may ask? Let’s go through it one by one
- Resolution: Almost all rumors are consistent. The iPad 3 will have sharper images on-screen. Doubling the resolution from 1024 x 768 to 2046 x 1536. This means that there are FOUR (4) more pixels on the same amount of space than before. This will make the retina display sharper than ever and more HD games will look awesome! The “cons” here is that you’ll have to live with bigger file-sized apps since the amount of data to run those kinds of apps and games will blow-out.
- Speed: With faster resolution, you need faster chips. This means a faster processor. That’s for sure
- Memory: That goes hand in hand with the processor
- Battery: Rumors from leaked photos of the internals of the iPad 3 hinted at a battery bigger than the iPad 2. This will translate to a longer battery life! Wohoo! That’s good news indeed.
- Price: They say that the iPad 3 will be priced the same as the iPad 2. This means that we can expect a lot of low-priced sales and promos for the old iPad 2 after the announcement. When the iPad 2 was launched, prices for the original iPad dropped to $100 (approximately P4,500 to P5,000) less. It’s a safe bet to assume that this will be the case for the iPad 2. If the basic 16GB model retails in Greenhills for around P22,000 to P24,000 maybe we can expect it to retail at around P17,000 to P21,000 after the announcement. That’s good news for those with a budget and are not ready to shell out big bucks for an awesome tablet.
Lastly, the web is rife with debates on how Apple will “NAME” the iPad 3. Some tech writers are betting that it will be named similarly to the iPhone 4S since the new features are not that radical from the iPad 2. Hence, names such as “iPad HD” are in the grape vine.
But, it’s only a couple of days ’til CEO Tim Cook finally proves who’s right or wrong. All eyes are on San Francisco on that day.
I can’t wait!