Video games, let’s face it… are a guy thing. So are beer and booze.
No wonder a lot of us mix both our favorite things. Some drink while gaming when in a social activity, like parties or get-togethers. Dorks can only expect booze as company in lieu of the girls. Sigh.
But do games really get better with alcohol? Let’s see…
5 Reasons why Games Get Better With Alcohol
- More Relaxed – some games are damn stressful! Let’s face it… with booze, you’ll feel a wee bit relaxed… nothing a six-pack can’t solve. Also, when you’re relaxed, you might get that extra boost to finish a boss fight stage or a bothersome side quest.
- Graphics don’t matter much anymore – when you’re woozy, who cares about the darn graphics? It’s the game damnit! And yes… beating your friends to pulp can also be more fun.
- Trippin’ – Alcohol can make everything, even mundane shiat, really funny. With that, Wii games, party games or social games like Guitar Hero have their ante upped.
- You don’t bore easily – If you’re hanging out with friends, if you have booze, you won’t be whining much if it ain’t your turn yet. Let them sleezeballs handle that level of Hell and do your time with the munchies. Also, having beer with Facebook games elevates it to Nirvana. :lols:
- Revealing the “real me” – Alcohol drops off our “snake skin” and will reveal a dude’s real personality. Imagine combining that with games… let’s see how that mild-mannered geek takes a beating at Tekken or something, eh? Try it.
Now, DO NOT quote me as saying that you guys should go out and buy a six-pack whenever you game. Hey, if you’re a minor, DON’T DRINK. PERIOD. Also, if you’re driving back home, I’d advise you to say “no” to your friends. Some other time, perhaps.
As in all things, keep them in moderation.