10 Tips for Faster Power Leveling
One of the “constants” about online games and MMORPG is the grind. It’s a design factor which limits the players from becomming “too-powerful-too-fast”. Some games have more grind than most and some have inherrent systems where you could level up faster. This is either through quests or crafting, like in the case of Perfect World.
A lot of people complain that Power-Leveling or “PL” to some is hard work. I can’t say that I disagree. PL is really hard, otherwise, everyone in his brother would reach the level cap in a matter of days.
But there are some ways and systems which I’ll share with you in order for you to PL wisely and effectively. Like everything else, it’s both an art and a science. PL is number-crunching. You’ll have to learn some advanced methods if you want to keep up with the “superstars” of the community.
The 10 Tips after one more click, chief!
GM Tristan’s Power Leveling Tips
- Play More. But don’t play too much. You should know your limits. Some people “share” their accounts or have another player pilot it. Although, I do not endorse this kind of activity due to security concerns, the logic behind this is “two heads are better than one”.
- Optimize Your Build. You should optimize your build for PVE if you want to PL. Know the “ins and outs” of your game. Try to check why types of monsters give out the most EXP and tweak your build to go against those.
- Optimize Your Gear. In the same light, your weapons (attack) and armors (defence) should be optimized for PL. There are games which use the “elements” so you should do your homework on this.
- Know Where They Are. By this you should know which areas AND which monsters give you the most EXP for the shortest amount of time. You can do this by trial-and-error or you can…
- Ask. Go to the boards, the forums or ask your guildmates or friends. Obviously, those who are higher level than you can give you tips which you can use for better PL.
- Finish Those Quests. By logical game design, quests are designed to give you the most gain for the least amount of effort. It generally follows that quests will give you more EXP (and also some loot and money) than just grind and hack-and-slash. Know what the quests are for your levels and do them.
- Do Business Online. Of course, not RMT or PHP (bawal yun!). By this, I mean that you should fund your PL campaign. The higher level you get, the more money (ingame currency) you will need for supplies, consumables, refining and upgrading. You should set-up a simple “buy and sell” business for this. There’s only one simple rule – BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.
- PL with a party – Party PL is efficient and fun. ‘Nuff said.
- Get a faster connection. Time is your weapon. But when that weapon is dulled by lag, you get nowhere. Either you get a faster connection or play in an internet cafe that has one. The less lag means the less your PL is interrupted.
- Do your homework. This article will explain to you the values of getting the right information (and where to look for them) for your game. Knowledge is gold!
There you go! I hope the tips above help!